Pages

Friday 11 September 2015

Valentine's Day out

                                                   Writing a Recount
Term 3, Week 8
Topic: Excitement overload
Purpose: To learn how to add detail
Audience: blog viewers
Title: Excitement overload

It was February the 14th, Valentine's day and everyone in my class was making cards.  The girls were graciously  dancing around the room knowing that it was Valentine's day the most romantic day of the year. Out of the blue everyone started talking about  their plans for Valentine's day, suddenly the girls at the table looked straight at me, with a sour look on their faces, the girl to right of me asked
“so who’s your valentines this year Sarah”
My reply was simply “my best friend”
The girls started laughing at me, really the boy you've been friends with since kindergarten “yeah we do it every year” I replied.

“Ever since we met  we've done It you just don’t get it”
The girls looked away in disappointment, we have the same argument every year and it’s alway over “Jacob”  maybe they like him or maybe they think I like him  but the only liking there getting from me is the likement of friendship. Just then I see him with all his other friends I hear him tell them to wait and then when the girls see him, they start trying to get their hair ready like girls cursing over the cutest guy in school “OMG” I said. Just then I glance over and he’s almost here I quickly hide my card and his present, “hi I made you this” he said
“Thanks” just then I see him look down and see a box with his card on it “ is this for me” “yeah I was just waiting to give it to you”
he opened the box and saw the present I got him “you shouldn't have” “ know but I thought I was better than just a plain old card every year” “ but know I look stupid because your present was just the card I’ll get you something else” “no it’s fine” “are you sure” “ yes know go there waiting”  

Later that day, Jacob rang me asking if I was still going to Valentines for dinner with my family I said “yes” and he asked to come I asked my mum  she said “yes”
I text him and said to meet at my house  by 4pm. On the way to Valentines my phone was going plastic from all the texts from Jacob, he was so nervous because my dad was coming  and they had never meet him. Because of my  he and my mum split when I was born.
When we got there Jacob sat down and then what I was hoping would never happen happened my dad started talking to Jacob and all the question came out like “were he was from” and “how old he was”. Things were getting weird so I called my dad to get some food with me. Well we were gone my dad started asking question about me and how me and Jacob meet, my reply was as simple as pie “when we were younger and we’ve been friend ever since” My dad was surprised to see that I was quick and  confident to defend my best friend, my dad's face  still thinking of something to respond back with “oh so your just friends that's it right” quick responce to say “yes”. The awkward walk back to the table was silent.

The table was scattered with food that was left over, Jac and I were the ones to clean up and order the  drinks. The rest of the night was a flow, filled with small talk and chit chat.
My cousin was look out side with wonder, I asked if I could take her to the window at the front of the restaurant to look and the night sky. When we got to the window and looked out the night sky was filled of the of glowing light that reflected on the sky like a mirror.

Then on the way back to the table, I slipped on my dress and ripped one off the pieces off it, luckily my cousin never got hurt because she was in my arms, just then I look over and see everyone laughing at me at that moment I was embarrassed but now I look back at that moment and laugh. After that we all decided to go after the goodbyes in the carpark.


The drive home was long and loud, everyone was talk and singing alone to the music playing on the radio, Jac had finally come out of his shell of shyness and my worries were gone about my dad and him. The next day school was a bress and the time at valentines was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment